Money Talks: Workforce Wednesdays
Workforce Wednesdays is a program from the Education Department of MPB. Dr. Tara Wren, Director of Education and Jasmine Harvey, Student Engagement Specialist are with us today to explain the initiative and let us know how anyone in Mississippi can participate. https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/ https://education.mpbonline.org/
Participants in Workforce Wednesday get information about workforce development including mentoring programs, apprenticeships, work-based learning and soft skills. With the pandemic these networking get togethers are virtual so anyone can participate.
Workforce Wednesday occurs every third Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. It’s a service of the Education Department of Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
Project SEARCH Mississippi:
An MDRS Workforce Initiative
September 15, 2021
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Project SEARCH connects high school seniors with disabilities to employers waiting to hire them after they graduate. Learn more about this program and how your school or employer can get involved.
- Confessions of a Word Nerd - February 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1YBYS_kuA&ab_channel=MPBEducation
- How to Improve Your Personal Brand on Zoom - March 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIjElyuzsGk&t=14s&ab_channel=MPBEducation
- Please Wear Pants to Work – April 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctLxbZ0dsc4&t=1664s&ab_channel=MPBEducation
- Customer Service Still Matters – May 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-NhDPV--I&ab_channel=MPBEducation
- Getting Back to Work in Mississippi – June 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PXQbos m8k&ab_channel=MPBEducation
- American Graduate Path to the Future – July 2021 https://youtu.be/F_qdZeMrsNk
- Customer Service Employment Academy – August 2021 https://youtu.be/-FQNTx1XtXk
Past Workforce Wednesdays with blog summaries:
- Lunch and Learn with CN Railroad https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/lunch-and-learn-workforce-wednesday-with-cn-railroad/
- MS Coding Academy featured at Workforce Wednesday https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/workforce-wednesday-with-ms-coding-academy/
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann speaks at MPB's Workforce Wednesday Luncheon https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/secretary-of-state-delbert-hosemann-speaks-at-mpbs-workforce-wednesday-luncheon/
- Counselor's Workforce https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/counselors-workforce-luncheon/
- Military OneSource Offers Myriad Services to Service Members and https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/military-onesource-offers-myriad-services-to-service-members-and-civilians/
- Why Hiring a Veteran is a Plus for Employers https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/why-hiring-a-veteran-is-a-plus-for-employers/
- Murphy Shares Lessons on Mentoring at Workforce Wednesday Event https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/murphy-shares-lessons-on-mentoring-at-workforce-wednesday-event/
- Commissioner Cecil Brown shares state’s problems, solutions during Workforce Wednesday Luncheon https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/commissioner-cecil-brown-shares-states-problems-solutions-during-workforce-wednesday-luncheon/
- Apprenticeship is a workforce development solution benefiting individuals and employers https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/apprenticeship-is-a-workforce-development-solution-benefiting-individuals-and-employers/
- Waller talks opportunity, career coaches and strengthening Mississippi's workforce https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/blogs/community-events/waller-talks-opportunity-career-coaches-and-strengthening-mississippis-workforce/