Money Talks: Travel during Coronavirus
Have you gotten your Economic Impact Payment? Will you be traveling during the "Summer of Coronavirus"?
- People who have lost or destroyed their Visa prepaid debit cards now can request a free replacement through MetaBank’s customer service department. You can call 800-240-8100 (select option 2 from the main menu).
- If your address changed, you may need to go through the process of changing it on file with the IRS. One way to do so is by filing Form 8822, Change of Address.
- To trace your payment, call the IRS at 800-919-9835 or you may submit Form 3911.
Can you say Stay-Cation?
What are some examples of some free things to do near your home?
- Catch a magnificent sunset or sunrise
- Take a walk or bike ride.
- Play in the park.
- Swim at the beach or lake.
- Visit a state park and walk their trails
- Visit a market.
Are you driving somewhere?
Improve the Efficiency of Your Car: When taking road trips make sure your car is operating efficiently and is fully serviced. Some tips:
- Check the pressure of your car tires.
- Drive slower.
- Use the right oil to increase mile usage.
- Watch your luggage – the heavier the car the more fuel you’ll use.
- Pack inside your car not on top.
What about the availability of rest stops for each state, their welcome center and any COVID-19 information you may need to know?
Staying in a hotel?
- Consider staying more than 1 night for a discount
- Call the hotel directly to get a cheap room or obtain special information.
- Could you save by staying over a Sunday night?