Money Talks: Open Topic January
Our experts talk about what's in the news and answer your personal finance questions.
Dr. Nancy Lottridge-Anderson, President of New Perspectives and Ryder Taff, portfolio manager at New Perspectives. Nancy and Ryder are both Chartered Financial Analysts and Ryder also holds the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement from the CFA Institute.
- Stimulus checks have been deposited, are being sent as paper checks, and sent as debit cards. The IRS Get My Payment tool is the most appropriate and timely avenue for status updates on your EIP. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment Visit the IRS.gov website with questions
- Saturday, Jan 16th is National Use Your Gift Cards Day
- Additional unemployment assistance is avaialble. https://mdes.ms.gov/unemployment-claims/covid19/pandemic-unemployment-assistance-pua/
- MDES: Call 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday: 601-326-1119, or 601-493-9427. You can leave a call back number. They are very busy so penitence is requested – so says MDES on THEIR twitter page.
- December jobs numbers are out: all the jobs lost in the United States were held by women. https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/all-jobs-lost-in-december-2020-were-held-by-women-report.html
- The next Powerball drawing is WED, JANUARY 13 AT 9:59 P.M. CT for at least 550 million dollars.
- The next drawing for Mega Million is : TUE, JANUARY 12 AT 10 P.M. CT for at least 615 million dollars.
- Bitcoin discussion
- stimulus cards
- mutual fund
- 2020 born baby
- "fed tax exempt" on retirement