Money Talks: Decade Before Retirement
Do you dream of retiring from your job? No so fast. We have a list of boxes to “check off” in the decade before you make this dream a reality. The final decade before retirement is an opportunity to strengthen a retirement plan and tie up any remaining details that can help secure your future.
Brighthouse Financial published an article that will be our guide for our discussion today: A Checklist for the Decade Before Your Retirement Date https://www.usatoday.com/interactives/sponsor-story/brighthouse-financial/a-checklist-for-the-decade-before-your-retirement-date/
Our experts discuss their suggestions:
- Review your savings.
- Adjust your investment mix.
- Make a plan to pay off debt.
- Estimate retirement expenses.
- Examine options to cover medical costs
- Develop a retirement income plan.
- Review options for Social Security.
- Develop a plan for enrolling in government benefit programs.